Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

From's Cooper's perspective...

The other day I saw a friend's post listing of all her son's milestones. (Thanks Ellen!) I thought it was such a great way to commemorate what Cooper has done, is doing, his like and dislikes. So here it is....


All about Cooper at 5 months!

  • I am now 5 months old. My doctor says I am a healthy, big boy. In fact, so big that I am in the 95 percentile for weight and 90 percentile for length. My mommy was happy that I was lengthening out because I was starting to resemble a football. At my 4 month check up I weighed in at a whopping 18.5 lbs!

  • I wear 6-12 month old clothes and all of my onesies are 12 months! We live in a very sunny area and I wear hats alot. I have to wear 18 month hats because my noggin is big (so says my daddy).

  • I eat rice cereal now and have been since I was 4 months. My doctor said that I could try this early because I am such a big boy. I sit in my high chair and eat the cereal although more ends up on my face than in my mouth. I just started to reach and hold my own bottle. I have held it and drank several times and my mom and dad were so proud. We have pictures and video!

  • I love my doggy Scout. He likes to give me puppy kisses and I now reach out to pet him. He scares me with his loud bark but overall I think he is pretty cool. Scout has gotten a hold of some of my toys and Mommy found them in the backyard. Thank God Cordoroy the bear is washable!

  • I sleep through the night and have been since I was 10 weeks old. Aunt Mandy gave us the Miracle Blanket and mom said it was the best thing in the world. I liked it alot but outgrew the Miracle Blanket quickly..believe it or not! I go to bed around 7-7:30 every night and sleep until 6:45. I sometimes climb in bed with mom and dad and nurse and then we all fall back asleep. It's heaven.

  • I still love car rides and they usually put me right to sleep. Sometimes when I am really fussy my parents take me for a drive and that usually zonks me right out. I don't get it but I'm ok with that! I am about to outgrow my infant carrier which means another trip to Babies R Us to pick out a convertible carseat!

  • I am also about to outgrow my baby bathtub. In about another inch or so my toes are going to touch the edge of the bathtub. Big boy tub here I come! I love my baths and I splish splash ALOT. Mom usually ends up soaking wet after one of my baths, whether it be from the bathwater or a "fountain" as she likes to call it.

  • I am now a blondie. I started off with very dark hair and it is very fair now. Everyone says that I look like daddy and now mommy calls me Troy's mini-me.

  • I love to stand..on the floor...on the couch...on the bed...on your lap...on your chest...I actually like standing better than sitting. Sometimes I won't even bend to get in the car seat. It's pretty funny and Grandma Riley wasn't very impressed the first time she saw this trick!

  • I can sit up with support and I actually sat alone for 5 seconds yesterday! Mommy and Daddy were very proud of me. I rollover every now and then but am very surprised when it happens. I don't really know how I do it!

  • I reach for my toys all of the time now. My parents will put a toy in front of me and wham! both of my hands are out front! I especially love cell phones and my disco duckies.

  • Speaking of appendages, I LOVE my legs. I think these puppies are the coolest things in the world. But have you seen toes? Whoa, these are fun! I bend in half trying to reach them and when I do I can play for a looong time!


  • I love to cuddle just like my mommy and daddy do. My favorite thing at bedtime and naptime is when my parents cup my cheek and "pet" my head. I usually bring my hand up and put a vise like grip on their hand so it is very difficult for them to move. That is most comforting to me.

  • I am a very happy baby. We are so lucky to have such a happy family and I can't wait to update you with more of my fun activities! Come visit soon!

    20 weeks old!


16 weeks old

12 weeks
8 weeks





4 weeks


1 week





No comments:

Post a Comment